- Large diameter - 5 cm / 1.9".
- Scoop size - F45 (1/45 Liters)
- Professional stainless steel falafel scoop for making falafel balls.
- Great for meatballs, boulettes, croquettes, patties as well.
- Stainless steel, dishwasher safe.
- Simple to disassemble for easy cleaning and dishwasher safe.
- High quality product made in Germany.
This handy tool is a falafel scoop that can be used for making falafel balls, the popular Mediterranean street food, made from ground garbanzo beans (chickpeas) / fava beans and spices. It is often considered to be the national dish of Israel.
To make a perfect looking falafel, make a mixture of chickpeas & spices, and shape them into round balls using this great tool. By using the thumb operated lever, you can drop the falafel balls carefully into the hot oil, and fry them until golden brown.
Falafel is commonly served in a pita bread, topped with fresh vegtables salad, pickles, hot sauce, and a drizzle of tahini sauce.
Recently, falafel consumption has grown considerably, due to a recognition of its nutritional value, and the rising vegetarian/health trends.
When made with chickpeas, falafel is high in protein, complex carbohydrates, and fiber.
Chickpeas are also low in fat and salt, and contain no cholesterol. Falafel can be baked in order to reduce the high fat content associated with frying.