Known as the “jack of all trades”, the WÜSTHOF Epicure 8” cook’s knife conquers any challenge in the kitchen.
This all-purpose knife is the most important tool in the Epicure line up designed for a variety of cutting tasks including; chopping, slicing, dicing, mincing, and disassembling.
With its wider curved belly, the blade is ideal for creating a rocking motion while providing additional surface area to easily transport food to the pot.
Forged from a single piece of high-carbon stainless steel, Epicure offers the standard WÜSTHOF Rockwell hardness of 58º, the ideal hardness for lasting edge retention, integral blade strength, and ease of maintenance.
Every EPICURE knife undergoes a PEtec sharpening process developed by WÜSTHOF to achieve an edge that is 20% sharper at a 15º angle, with double the edge retention for a blade that will last a lifetime.
Using the most unique materials in the industry, the Epicure handle is crafted from a durable wood composite and resin.
The ergonomic shape is contoured to adapt to the natural contraction of the hand; it’s wider in the front third, then tapered towards the back.
For everyone who lives to cook, WÜSTHOF’s new line of Epicure knives will inspire creativity while enhancing performance.
- The new wide blade is ideal for slicing, cutting, chopping and shredding all types of food and ensures the knife glides safely through the food
- 20 cm (8”) blade length
- Handle is made from sustainable natural fibres and resin – tactile and durable
- The new bolster shape and wider blades enable efficient safe working
- Forged from a piece of high alloy X50CrMoV15 blade steel and annealed to 58 HRC ensures a durable cutting-edge ideal for re-sharpening.
- Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) for maximum sharpness at a 15° blade angle.
- Wash by hand only
- Quality - Made in Germany / Solingen.